NFF CONGRESS UNCERTAIN
NFF Executive Committee plan to call off Congress scheduled to hold tommorrow, Thursday 31st of July 2014 in Abuja. However, some congress delegates are reportedly planning to go ahead with the meeting even if NFF Executive Committee calls it off.
Reports also suggest that a number of Congress delegates are not convinced about Aminu Maigari’s suspension owing to the following listed impeachable offences:
1. 2010 FIFA World Cup prize money of 6.4Million dollars
2. 2013 AFCON prize money of 1.5Million dollars
3. 2013 FIFA Confederation Cup prize money of 1.75Million dollars
4. 2014 CHAN prize money 250,000 dollars (37.5Million naira)
5. Proceeds from international friendly matches (about 26 friendlies)
6. Rights fees from sponsors and partners
7. Savings from NFF Headquarters
8. 2014 FIFA World Cup grant of 1.5Million dollars
9. Monthly 150Million naira subvention from Federal Government .
10. Federal Government special grant of 850Million naira.
11. Insufficient number of board meeting.
12. Spendings without Board Management.
13. Borrowings from Bureau De Change without Board Management.
14. Misappropriation of funds.
15. Changing of National Team’s colour.